By James Cowling, Games News Service
PORT MORESBY, July 8 – With 3000 hungry athletes and officials descending on the athletes’ village dining area for every meal, plenty of food is needed.
This is how much.
- 300kg of bacon is fried.
- 7560 eggs are fried, scrambled or poached.
- 700 litres of various juices are drunk.
- 300 litres of milk is poured on cereal or in tea and coffee.
- 300kg of watermelon is chopped.
- 400kg of apples are consumed.
- 900kg of chicken, pork or beef is served.
- 450kg of potatoes are fried, boiled or roasted.
- 1400kg of various vegetables are steamed, boiled or roasted.
- 1600 portions of cake are baked for dessert.
- Information courtesy of village caterers ESS Support Services Worldwide